High growth property management company is searching for a Regional Property Manager to oversee a portfolio of market rate communities in Louisiana and Texas.
We are a company whose overall success is measured by our team member’s dedication and drive to perform at the highest level. We offer a wide variety of opportunities due to our impressive growth.
Our current search leads us to find a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and a drive to succeed in the New Orleans and surrounding markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support and assist Property Managers in overall management of all communities within the assigned portfolio.
• Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating Managers within assigned portfolio.
• Build strong on-site management teams through constant coaching and motivation.
• Achieve the highest possible net operating income (NOI) through the implementation of effective cost control, revenue maximization and delinquency business management plans.
• Work with owners to identify long term property goals and objectives. Be responsive to owners' needs, goals, and objectives.
• Identify and analyze issues within portfolio and develop and implement decisions that help the assigned communities achieve the owner's objectives and that are consistent with our company policies and procedures.
• Present yearly financial budgets with the assistance of Area/Community Managers to the VP, COO and to the owners of the communities.
• Effectively disseminate all information and instructions necessary Managers and the communities to perform their work.
• Monitor achievement of each property against financial objectives utilizing the review of monthly owners' reports, bi-monthly inspections, and weekly operating reports. Work with Managers to correct unfavorable variances and improve NOI.
• Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the VP.
Special Responsibilities for properties that the Regional Property Manager has direct oversight for include:
• Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating all site personnel of assigned communities. The Regional Property Manager should interview and give final recommendation for the hiring of all site personnel of assigned communities.
• Provide mentoring to Community Managers of assigned communities.
• Responsible for direction and coordination with the Accounting Department, the delivery of accurate and timely monthly property financial statements.
• Responsible for development, implementation, and delivery of annual budgets for all assigned communities.
• Responsible for setting and enforcing spending controls for all assigned communities and reviewing all variance explanations.
• Assist in the coordination of all capital improvement programs for assigned communities.
• Direct all marketing and advertising for assigned communities maximizing rental income and increasing occupancy rates.
• Work with Community Managers and staff to respond to resident issues. Follow through to ensure issues are resolved.
• Ensure that all required reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Maintain thorough product knowledge on all assigned communities and of competition in the assigned area.
• Ensure that established policies and procedures are followed.
• Regional Manager will perform bi-monthly inspections for properties that are under his/her direction
• Other duties, as assigned. Education and Work Experience Requirements
• Must have seven or more years in property/real estate management experience.
• Four or more years experience in management positions required.
• Both property level and Corporate level experience is strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree or comparable industry experience required.