Responsible for preparing and reviewing income certifications and recertification's, tax credit compliance and maintaining database information required for compliance and management purposes
* The Compliance and Leasing will be responsible for ensuring that all tax credit units adhere to the regulatory agreements. This includes tax credit compliance, HOME compliance, and compliance with government contracts. S/he will conduct all job-related duties in compliance with LIHTC guidelines, other housing contracts and equal housing opportunity laws.
* Manage all assigned compliance issues including review of files and calculation of rents.
* Work in close partnerships with our teams to ensure compliance standards and compliance with regulatory agreements.
* Compliance review for HUD/HCR/HPD/HDC approval & lease signings.
* Knowledge of Lottery Compliance. Market and conduct application process for vacancy LIHTC, HOME, HUD 236 and HUD 202 units.
* Manage the recertification compliance process, compliance review, reports and close-out files.
* Create Initial and Annual Owner Certifications for HOME & LIHTC monitors, including processing monitoring fees.
* Answer questions from monitoring agencies and respond to general compliance related inquiries.
* Communicate monthly with funders and syndicators, including submission of monthly rent rolls.
* Prepare and review documents for and attend inspections/audits.
* Review and summarize regulatory agreements.
* Knowledge of Section 8, HQS inspections, AMI rent levels and violations.
* Set leasing goals for the leasing team.
* Oversee that the leasing team is meeting all goals and keeps vacancies to the lowest levels.
* Oversee and approve resident applications, and oversee the tenant move-in process.
* Ensure that all property waiting lists are correctly entered and filed with HUD
* Quadel Certified
* Must have Residential Real Estate experience with a background in Rent Stabilization, Section 8 and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Compliance
* Detail Oriented in an extremely productive and high-volume environment.
* The ability to identify and resolve problems
* Strong Interpersonal and customer skills
* Proficient in Microsoft programs, Yardi experience extremely helpful
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
About Hope Community Inc
Hope Community, Inc. is a community-based not-for-profit affordable housing organization. Founded in 1968, the organization also enriches the lives of the people who live and work in East Harlem and surrounding neighborhoods through cultural arts, economic development, and social service alliances.Hope seeks to rebuild the physical infrastructure of East Harlem by creating attractive, high-quality affordable rental and owner-occupied housing. Hope seeks to strengthen the neighborhood's social fabric by assisting in the growth and success of local businesses, by assisting residents to enhance their lives and incomes, and by sponsoring community programs.