* Responsible for the preparation of the annual property budgets, with input from Director of Maintenance Operations, Asset Managers and send for review by the Director of Operations, Director of Finance and Asset Management and Executive Director.
* Prepares annual management plans, as needed, with input from Director of Operations.
* Analyzes monthly performance and budget projections and compares to annual management plan and budget; adjusts strategies accordingly
* Works closely with Real Estate Development Department to establish budgets and management practices for new real estate developments.
* Work closely with Director of Operations and Director of Finance and Asset Management to evaluate financial performance against benchmarks established by investors, lenders, and the buildings’ operating pro formas.
* Sets performance goals by project, related to industry standards; monitors performance; adjust strategies as needed
* Manages commercial leases including assessing and calculating annual CAM’s monitoring lease compliance and renewals.
* Works with staff to ensure maximum use of property management software, Yardi
* Directly supervises and works closely with the Asset Managers, Assistant Director for Compliance and the Director of Maintenance Operations to provide leadership for department oversees major decisions and assure that team members implement their portfolio objectives and work plans.
* Promotes communication and collaborations between departments.
* Prepares and presents departmental reports relating to project performance, goals, standards, benchmarks, etc.
* Works closely with board members, as needed.
* Maintains good working relationship with community partners.
* Attends industry association meetings, trainings, etc.
* Maintains appropriate CEU’s to ensure CPM and Real Estate license requirements are met.
* Stays abreast of property management and other real estate related industry
* standards, legislation impacting department and industry practices, policies and
* Regularly communicates and cooperates with Senior staff on all Asset Management reporting and regulatory issues.
* Strong knowledge of property management and tenant/landlord practices, laws,
rules and regulations. Good command of commercial management and leasing
* Ability to analyze, evaluate and act on issues and/or problems, reach sound
conclusions and take appropriate action.
* Possess good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as good computer skills. Experience with Yardi property management software helpful.
* Must be able to inspect buildings/apartments
* Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in business, real estate development or related field preferred with
sufficient experience to provide strong leadership in property management practices
A minimum of 8 years equivalent level experience in managing a
property management department or division strongly preferred.
Supervisory experience required.
CPM and New York Real Estate Broker license preferred.
About Hope Community Inc
Hope Community, Inc. is a community-based not-for-profit affordable housing organization. Founded in 1968, the organization also enriches the lives of the people who live and work in East Harlem and surrounding neighborhoods through cultural arts, economic development, and social service alliances.Hope seeks to rebuild the physical infrastructure of East Harlem by creating attractive, high-quality affordable rental and owner-occupied housing. Hope seeks to strengthen the neighborhood's social fabric by assisting in the growth and success of local businesses, by assisting residents to enhance their lives and incomes, and by sponsoring community programs.