Maintain strong relationships and partner to collaborate on short, intermediate, and long-term real estate strategies that meet Hope Community, Inc.’s objectives and goals
* Develop strategies and recommendations for individual real estate assets and coordinating communication to both internal staff and external partners
* Deliver a broad range of property management services to a diverse portfolio of apartment buildings
* Present the status of goals and objectives on an ongoing basis
* Form effective working relationships and networks with vendors, contractors, third party property managers, appraisers, brokers, and other service providers to ensure timely and superior completion of all projects and deliverables
* Travel to real estate locations, client meetings, and internal meetings on an as needed basis
* Maximize revenue, control expenses, and enhance value on retained real estate assets
* Maintain relationships with all tenants on all assigned properties to ensure steady cash flows and enhance the value of the asset
* Obtain and maintain industry designations applicable to this position; fulfilling ongoing mandatory education and training requirements as necessary
* Maintain monthly and annual compliance and regulatory deadlines for annual reviews, inspections, and triennial appraisals
* Prioritize and delegate projects to appropriate support resources and oversee ongoing progress
* Adhere to internal policies and procedures
* Prepare documentation required for legal proceedings relative to residential leaseholder matters.
* Work closely with housing real estate development staff to ensure long-term sustainability of new affordable housing developments.
* Research partnership agreements, financing documents, regulatory agreements, tax returns and other sources to determine financing structures
and constraints. Develop long term debt plan including amortization of soft debt, refinancing parameters, recapitalization of reserves and cash proceeds for acquisition or distribution.
* Ensure compliance with financial lenders and governmental regulators.
* Responds to all telephone and other communications promptly, courteously and professionally
* Handles and resolves complaints
* May be required to assist in the legal process of pursuing non-payment actions
* Applies sustained and diligent effort to assure fair and consistent lease enforcement
* Walks the property frequently and inspects the apartments, at least annually, to note any deficiencies and take corrective action in a timely manner
* Monitors work demands and controls/assigns work to assure maximum production, productivity and work quality of maintenance personnel
* Reviews reports from the accounting and maintenance budgeting system to track and ensure effective management, preparation of financial reports and budgets
* Prepares reports on tenant operations and tenant account records;
Bachelor's Degree, 5+ years of experience within Asset Management, or a minimum of 8 years equivalent level experience in Asset Management, Property Management, or Commercial Real Estate preferred or any similar combination of education and experience
Working knowledge and experience managing low income housing subsidy programs like HUD, HCR, and Tax Credits properties Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Willingness to obtain and maintain industry designations applicable to this position
Ability to fulfill ongoing mandatory education and training requirements as necessary
Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
Experience with Yardi software is a plus
Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
Excellent oral and written communications skills
About Hope Community Inc
Hope Community, Inc. is a community-based not-for-profit affordable housing organization. Founded in 1968, the organization also enriches the lives of the people who live and work in East Harlem and surrounding neighborhoods through cultural arts, economic development, and social service alliances.Hope seeks to rebuild the physical infrastructure of East Harlem by creating attractive, high-quality affordable rental and owner-occupied housing. Hope seeks to strengthen the neighborhood's social fabric by assisting in the growth and success of local businesses, by assisting residents to enhance their lives and incomes, and by sponsoring community programs.