In order to be seen as a potential candidate for this position, you must apply online here: www.wrhrealty.com/careers
***Position requires at least five years experience as a Regional Director in multi-family property management.***
Reports To: Regional Vice President (“RVP”)
The REGIONAL DIRECTOR is responsible for all operational and financial aspects of an assigned portfolio of properties. Portfolio size may vary based on size, geographic area, and complexity. The position directs and coordinates the activities of the properties in the portfolio to ensure that company and/or owner financial and business objectives are achieved. Results are achieved through successful implementation of comprehensive programs, initiatives and strategies that promote the achievement of optimum performance by the properties within their portfolio. The position reports to the Regional Vice President. It manages multiple Property Managers who supervise on-site personnel. The purpose of the REGIONAL DIRECTOR is to effectively manage and coordinate employees, activities and available resources in order to accomplish portfolio objectives as set forth by the Regional Vice President and/or owners. These objectives will include maximizing income, occupancy and property values. The REGIONAL DIRECTOR is also responsible to ensure that all employees within their portfolio are fully trained in their job duties and WRH policies, procedures and systems.
Exempt (ineligible for overtime)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing laws, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to multifamily housing.
- In conjunction with the Regional Vice President, the REGIONAL DIRECTOR will assist in formulation of budgets for each upcoming calendar year. The REGIONAL DIRECTOR is responsible for staying within the approved budget guidelines throughout the year for each property assigned.
- Oversees all daily operations of the assigned portfolio, including:
- Ensures that all rent and other income is collected when due, and posted in a timely manner within their portfolio. Makes sure that all bank deposits are made daily. All evictions are performed timely, utility cut-offs and landlord liens as required on delinquent rents as applicable.
- Provides constant vendor/contractor communications concerning quality of service, work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and guidance through the vendor approvals process. REGIONAL DIRECTOR is responsible for approving invoices over budget and ensuring all invoices are submitted per WRH policies and procedures
- Ensures all on site local and state licenses are current within their assigned portfolios.
- Approves all expenditures for each property that are over budget. Responsible for the achievement of monthly/annual financial objectives of their assigned portfolio.
- Reviews financial and other property metrics such as employee turnover, resident turnover, per unit expenses reports, applicant approve/decline ratio, leasing statistics, maintenance work order statistics, etc. to ensure each of the assignment properties are performing at an optimal level.
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise on-site property staff in order to achieve operational goals of each assigned property and as a portfolio. This process includes new employee orientation, review and approval of payroll and bonuses, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee policies and procedures, and annual performance appraisals.
- Works with the Human Resources department in using progressive disciplinary action to achieve portfolio and company goals.
- Conducts ongoing training with office staff; e.g., leasing paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed on a daily basis.
- Lead teams with a positive can do attitude and congratulate on success.
- Ensures that lease files are complete with all required addendums and that completion of leases is being executed properly.
- Conducts property inspections with local housing authorities, local, regional and national government agencies, property owners, and WRH management teams and ensures positive outcomes of these inspections.
- Ensure that the property meets all requirements as outlined in WRH audits/inspections and regulatory agency audits.
- Responsible for offices opening on schedule, condition of offices and model apartments.
- Attends professional development courses as defined by the WRH Training Department. Also attends scheduled corporate management meeting as required.
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Submits required reports to corporate office per WRH policies and procedures.
- Prepares Q & M report (Quarterly and Monthly reports concerning asbestos) and forwards to the corporate office as required if applicable.
- Maintains positive employee service attitude portfolio-wide.
- Ensure employees are in compliance with all Fair Housing laws.
- Makes periodic inspections with employees of move-in/move-outs and for make-ready units.
- Reviews notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out. Locates any problem areas and develops plans for process improvement.
- Review service maintenance level reports including property turnover; make ready statistics, service request reporting, inspection reports and safety level reporting and direct resource and changes if performance standards are not being achieved
- Follows WRH policies and procedures to maintain positive resident communications; e.g., resolving complaints, and service requests, within their assigned portfolio etc.
- Physically walks and inspects the entire property on a regular basis, at least twice per month, including verifying the condition of the overall property, common areas, and vacant apartments.
- Updates Regional Vice President of physical, economic occupancy, make-ready inventory and delinquent rent status on a weekly basis. Coordinates with maintenance/manager staff to ensure timely turnover of apartments after move-out.
- Conducts market surveys monthly and provides trend report information to the Regional Vice President.
- Periodically shops competing properties and is aware of neighborhood market conditions. Reviews third party market reports to cross reference submarket conditions.
- Lead review pricing call materials for portfolio. This includes target unit pricing and renewal pricing recommendations. Follow up with Community Directors to ensure implementation.
- Reviews and coaches Community Directors on developing marketing plans for each property.
- Ensures the leasing staffs within their portfolios are trained to properly welcome and show the property to prospective residents and also shows apartments, handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents and completes appropriate paperwork as needed. Reviews the leasing metrics of the staff and direct resources and changes if performance standards are not being achieved. Reviews periodic shopping reports on office team members and directs resources and changes if performance standards are not being achieved.
- Maintains awareness of market/industry conditions and trends via trade publications, professional organizations, etc.
- Attends monthly meetings of the local apartment association and/or Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM).
- Reviews all reports of liability and property incidents within their portfolio to the corporate office immediately. Ensures that all workers' compensation claims are reported and proper paperwork is completed.
- REGIONAL DIRECTOR ensures completion of any pertinent safety checklists with maintenance staff within their portfolio and that employees attend monthly safety meetings conducted by the Service Manager on each property as required.
- Performs any additional duties or tasks as assigned by the Regional Vice President, Asset Manager, and/or Owner.
Position requires at least five years experience as a Regional Director in multi-family property management. Person must have a background in supervision and a successful track record of accomplishments.
Computer Skills: Word processing software, spreadsheet software, Internet, e-mail software, and on-site property management software.
Office Equipment: Personal computer, scanner, cell phone, calculator, copy machine, fax machine and telephone.
Work Hours: Minimum of 40 hours per week. Regional Director must be available evenings, nights and weekends for staffing needs and emergencies.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- Certified Property Manager by Institute of Real Estate Management (“CPM”) certification preferred.
- Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day. Estimate 60% of time is spent on feet and 40% sitting at desk.
- Have occasional need (33% to 66% of the time) to perform the following physical activities:
- Bend/Stoop/Squat – Pick up litter, Filing
- Climb Stairs – Inspect and show property
- Finger Dexterity – Operation of office equipment
- Lifting/Carrying (paperwork, deliveries, files, miscellaneous):
- Over 25 lbs. – Rare need (less than 1% of the time)
- 20 lbs. – 25lbs. – Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time )
- Less than 20 lbs. – Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time)
- Under 10 lbs. – Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
- Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to complete forms, read and review reports and a wide variety of correspondence, view computer screen. Frequent need to see small detail.
- Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to see things clearly beyond arm's reach (inspecting property, neighborhood surveys).
- Must be able to determine colors properly because of decorating, design, paint colors, etc.
- Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to communicate over telephone and in person with property owners, corporate and resident management, vendors and residents.
- Must be able to comprehend, speak, and write the English language.
- Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to communicate over telephone and in person.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment.
- Performs duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Works as part of a team, as well as complete assignments independently.
- Takes instructions from Regional Vice President.
- Exercises strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Able to resolve conflict in a professional manner.
- Interacts with co-workers, supervisors, residents and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Frequent need (20% to 25% of the time) to utilize personal transportation to inspect apartments, property and surrounding neighborhood, and to make trips to the bank and visit the corporate office.
- Must have valid driver's license and automobile insurance.
- Must be available for overnight travel obligations (20 -50%) of the time depending on portfolio assignment.
- Indoors (66% to 100% of the time); frequently outdoors, all conditions (33% to 66% of the time).
- Occasional exposure to caustics, solvents, oils, fumes, flammables, pesticides, etc. (less than 10%).
- HIGH. Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action. Must effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
- Learns and complies with all company safety rules.
- Uses appropriate safety equipment at all times.
- Immediately reports all unsafe conditions to Regional Vice President. Must be familiar with all safety features or equipment, machinery, or materials encompassed by job duties.
- Must check with Regional Vice President if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
- Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the WRH Employee Handbook, or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by the Regional Vice President or Chief Operating Officer of WRH Realty Services, Inc.
- This job description does not constitute an employment contract between the company and any employee.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- The job responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the property or work area.
WRH offers competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental insurance and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
WRH Realty Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.