Property Manager – Atlanta, GA
To coordinate the management and operation of assigned properties within the guidelines of the quality standards, operating objectives, and goals established by Weingarten Realty Investors and the Property Management Department. This position reports to the Senior Regional Manager and may supervise Maintenance staff and Contractors.
Candidate must be open to relocate to Washington, DC area in approximately 2 years as local portfolio needs warrant.
The Property Manager manages all activities relating to the operation of the property including, but not limited to:
Parking Lot Repair
Utility Systems Signage Design and Maintenance
Cost Efficiency Project Corporate Sustainability Initiative
Physical Safety/Liability Concerns Temporary Income
Security under the direction of the Corporate Security Director
Marketing in conjunction with the Corporate Marketing Department
- Develop and maintain a qualified contractor group to provide efficient and profitable operation.
- Ensure that the policies and procedures of Weingarten Realty Investors and the property management department are adhered to.
- Establish and enforce policies to enable the property to function according to quality standards and operating objectives.
- Manage the fiscal activities of the property:
- Establish budgets.
- Ensure adherence to budgets.
- Maintain proper approval for deviations from approved budget.
- Invoice approval.
- Ensure adherence to Weingarten Realty Investors emergency procedure policies.
- Establish, monitor, and evaluate financial operating results and enhance the cash flow and profits.
- Analyze processes and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency levels.
- Be knowledgeable of provisions in the standard leases and maintain a working knowledge of tenant rules and regulations. Ensure that repair and maintenance responsibilities, as well as operational agreements, are enforced as defined in the leases.
- Work with the leasing department to ensure optimum tenant mix.
- Work with Acquisition team during the due diligence process to ensure Property Management meets their requirements in evaluating an acquisition, to include physical inspections, budget preparation, etc.
- Work with New Development team on New Development projects to ensure Property Management Department is engaged on design considerations, operating budget preparation, contract negotiation, transition from construction phase to operational phase, etc.
- Oversee tenant construction and property remodels as assigned.
- Work with the accounting department to ensure financial policies and procedures are adhered to and that conditions are positive to enhance cash flow and profits.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with tenants, contractors, local community and groups or associations.
- Generate temporary income for assigned properties, including but not limited to, seasonal retailers, water vending machines, ATM placement, cell towers, promotional events.
- Maintain an environmental standard that is consistent with the standards of Weingarten Realty Investors.
- Actively participate in Weingarten Realty Investors’ Corporate Sustainability Initiative.
- May represent Weingarten Realty Investors in litigious matters from time to time.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Regional Director of Property Management.
- Continue to adapt and innovate for maximum efficiency and profitability in a dynamic environment.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and move seamlessly between projects as situation requires.
- Ability to read and understand financial reports.
- Crisis management experience.
- Ability to travel to complete property inspections, tenant visits, and meetings. This includes some overnight travel.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
- Ability to physically inspect assigned properties including the ability to see, hear, feel, smell, and distinguish between hot and cold.
- Ability to travel up and down stairs and ladders, and through the property, both inside and outside.
- Ability to lift up to thirty (30) pounds using proper ergonomic techniques without assistance.
- Ability to accomplish physical activities related to property operations such as hanging and removing leasing signs, etc.
- Ability to travel (both by car and air) to and from assigned properties to perform required inspections, both during the day and at night. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance coverage. Must also meet the company’s driver criteria.
- Ability to see colors in order to assess the property’s paint condition and to develop appropriate color schemes as necessary for remodels or upgrades.
Indoors – 50%
Outdoors – 50%