Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to the following: graduation from an accredited four-year college or university, with a bachelor's degree in planning, public or business administration, business, finance or a related field; plus five years of progressively responsible managerial experience in their field of expertise.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background investigation, a credit check and a driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
- Extensive knowledge and progressive hands-on working experience in the area of asset management, property management, local and federal housing programs, and/or housing development;
- At least seven years of experience in preparing budgets;
- Extensive knowledge of financial management to include accounting month-end close and preparing owner's reports;
- Strong working knowledge of financial underwriting and modeling to create/manipulate/review Pro Forma, budgets, cash flow analysis, and forecasting reports;
- Ability to plan and implement activities to ensure long-term affordability and preservation of the residential Assets;
- Advanced knowledge of Yardi, Excel and Outlook;
- Team leadership skills;
- Experience working with the public, elected officials and government agencies;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills, and
- Direct experience supervising, coaching, developing and directing the work of others.
Job is generally sedentary in nature, however, it entails walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching and bending and uses hands to grasp, handle, or feel. Visual acuity is required to read data on a computer monitor. Must be able to operate keyboard-driven equipment and computer. Employee may be required to lift up to 15 pounds. Duties can be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.