Position: Property Manager Position
Department: Property and Asset Management
Location: Chestnut Hill, MA – The Lifetime Center
Reports To: President and SVP of Property and Asset Management
- To manage the day to day operations of the 300,000 square foot Lifetime Center along with the 1,100 parking space five level underground parking garage as directed by the President and SVP of Property and Asset Management in accordance with the standards and procedures of The Bulfinch Companies, Inc. (TBCI).
- To provide our clients (owners, lenders, tenants, etc.) with the highest level of customer service available.
- As the senior on-site professional, the Property Manager has the responsibility for all aspects of client and tenant satisfaction. Specifically, achieving stated financial results (NOI and cash flow) and operating objectives (leasing, capital improvements, system enhancements, operating expense control, etc.).
- Ensure compliance to Budget.
- The Property Manager is responsible for the management, supervision, and professional development of all direct reports and contracted service vendors including but not limited to Facility Manager, security, public safety, janitorial, shuttle and valet services. Additionally, the Property Manager has a responsibility to represent The Bulfinch Companies, Inc. and ownership in the local and regional business and real estate community in order to promote and enhance the firm’s reputation and capabilities to prospective tenants, vendors, brokers, and clients.
- Responsible for all day to day property operations and facilities management duties.
- Communicate effectively and frequently with direct reports on all significant operating and facilities management issues.
- Assist in directing the tenant relations/retention program and provide excellent communication to tenants to ensure an ongoing successful relationship.
- Perform all duties as required by specific leases, including the collection of rents, default notifications, and the continued performance of Landlord services.
- Responsible for the financial management of the property, working with the SVP, financial reporting team and property team to:
- Prepare and review monthly operating statement,
- Prepare and administer annual property business/asset management plan and operating budget according to the requirements of ownership,
- Issue operating cost escalation and tenant service request invoices, and
- Collect payment for escalation or for special work performed.
- Coordinate with Senior Vice President and Human Resources to address any personnel performance issues.
- Inspect all aspects of the property on a daily basis to ensure building operations are performing according to TBCI standards and procedures.
- Ensure that emergency evacuation procedures are in place and life safety systems are operating effectively. Prepare and distribute the Emergency Evacuation Procedure Manuals to all tenants.
- Oversee all preventive maintenance programs and ensure that the information is entered properly in the portfolio's work order and/or preventative maintenance system.
- Prioritize day-to-day operations.
- Support the leasing brokers to ensure the lease process meets Ownership objectives and that all spaces are in show condition.
- Develop vendor contract service specification scopes and competitively bid all service contracts under the direction of the SVP.
- Coordinate all services and purchases to be in accordance with the annual property budget and specific spending guidelines.
- Review and approve accounts payable.
- Assist in overseeing tenant improvement construction projects and capital improvements as required.
- Assure that appropriate insurance requirements are in place for all vendor contracts.
- Participate in Property and Asset Management Department initiatives.
- Deliver insightful leadership and strategic vision for the property.