The Sr. Associate, Multi-Family Asset Management assists with the operation of assigned properties and/or portfolios, including financial analysis, leasing activities, capital projects, valuation, property-level and portfolio reporting, interaction with property management teams, and the implementation of comprehensive asset strategies.
- Work collaboratively with Joint Venture partners and third-party property managers, legal counsel, auditors and accountants and other internal stakeholders.
- Assist with the operational oversight and performance of assets within a multifamily portfolio. Prepare, coordinate, and ensure timely completion of property-level and portfolio reporting such as annual business plans, fund quarterly reports, monthly status reports, investor specific reports, and other reports as required.
- Provide support to asset managers by maintaining high level of knowledge on market fundamentals such as rental rates, occupancy, supply/demand, capital market trends, and transaction activity for assigned geographic areas.
- Participates in the annual budget process which includes a detailed review of all budgets, comparisons of budget projections to historical performance and comparison of budget projections to industry benchmarks.
- Prepare detailed financial analyses of real estate assets including, but not limited to, discounted cash flow analysis, time-weighted returns, leveraged and unleveraged IRRs, equity multiples, promote calculations, and other various financial and performance measurement metrics.
- Participates in monthly asset reviews and site visits for specific properties. Performs detailed review of monthly financial reports working directly with third-party property managers. Conducts routine meetings, site visits, and/or conference calls with JV partners and third-party property management to discuss asset-level strategies and operational issues.
- Perform property-level market valuations for assigned real estate assets each quarter. Maintain ARGUS and DCF models to support market valuations. Provide support and oversight of external appraisals.
- Assist analysts with financial analysis and reporting duties, on assigned assets, as needed. Assist in the preparation and review of annual asset management plans.
- Mentor and develop junior level staff, providing training and guidance, as needed.
At USAA Real Estate Company our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, USAA Membership eligibility, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! https://www.usrealco.com/careers/benefits.aspx Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.