Property Management requires dynamic people that love problem solving! The Management Group’s Resident Services and Training Manager is an integral part of the Single and Multi-family Management TEAM, serving and collaborating with the Director of Property Management and Property Managers to ensure departmental processes and procedures are completed to our standards. This position is responsible for the training, supervision, direction, productivity and end result work product of the Residential Services Assistants. Provides support to multiple Property Managers by assisting in the management of residential real estate for clients. Establishes, coordinates and administers Residential Services training programs to ensure quality and overall departmental consistency. This position will be Monday-Friday, from 9:00am-6:00pm.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Please read this job description carefully and ask for clarification if you have difficulty understanding the functions of this job. Please describe any accommodations that you need in order to perform this job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes but is not limited to the following:
- Assists and follows directions from the Director of Property Management
- Increases staff’s effectiveness by recruiting, training, coaching, and counseling, Residential Services Assistants.
- Supervises and supports the Residential Services assistants.
- Communicates values, customer service strategies and expectations
- Collaborates with Property Managers to assess needs and expectations.
- Advises management on issues arising from administrative operational problems.
- Identifies new administrative policies as required.
- Acts as the primary contact for escalated tenant calls
- Assists with eviction of tenants in compliance with directions from the Property Manager.
- Maintains good public relations and interacts with clients, customers, and co-workers in a respectful and professional manner.
- All employees are expected to perform any reasonable work requested that falls within the qualification but not specifically described.
- Is fully trained and experienced in all Residential Services functions to include process and procedures, Appfolio, Tenant Technology, tenant and owner life cycle, client communication, work order management and property inspections.
- Establishes, coordinates and/or administers Residential Services new employee and continuing education training programs to ensure quality and overall departmental consistency.
- In conjunction with Human Resources or other designated personnel, develop a system to identify training needs and establish training curriculum to enhance staff performance.
- Provide and or coordinate needed training opportunities for Residential Services staff development and compliance.
- Conducts training to present and discuss techniques, methods & ethics of quality property management as it pertains to the residential services.
- After new hire training has been completed, work with respective manager to implement training recap.
Directly supervises 1-6 administrative employees in the Residential department to include, but not limited to; setting of priorities, training and supervision of administrative staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance in a timely manner; rewarding and disciplining employees; approving hours worked; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess and use good interpersonal skills with other employees and the public.
- Must be punctual, efficient, an independent worker, a detail oriented person and possess good work habits.
- Must be able to perform and/or manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities concurrently with a positive attitude and approach.
- Possess a ‘can do’ attitude and manage multiple items from different managers.
- Ability to act and dress professionally in the work environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school. This position requires property management and supervisory experience.
- Pass Microsoft Word 2010 User Testing with a 75% or higher score.
- Pass Microsoft Excel 2010 User Testing with a 80% or higher score.
- Pass Microsoft Outlook 2010 Testing with a 75% or higher score.
- Type with accuracy and speed 50+ wpm
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Candidates must be legally employable by a U. S. business. Must have a valid Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record.
PASSION AND PERKS:
TMG provides a supportive environment that assists our employees to succeed by giving constant support and training. Our employees are a true team that share their knowledge and experience with each other. Opportunities for growth and career development are presented and nurtured. The wage for our Resident Services and Training Manager will be DOE. We offer excellent benefits that include Medical, Vision, and Dental group plans. We have a great 401(k) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick leave as well as educational assistance.
WHO WE ARE:
The Management Group, Inc. (TMG), founded in 1985 by President, Carmen Villarma, is a full service real estate management company. Today, TMG is a family of 5 companies that provide property management, sales and maintenance services for apartments, single family homes and community associations. With a staff of more than 120, we manage 14,000 residential units in Washington and Oregon. TMG's corporate headquarters is located in Vancouver, Washington with branch offices in Portland, Oregon and Kennewick, Washington. TMG's success is anchored upon its dedication to the property management industry and continues to enjoy a solid base of market diversity, geographical expansion and numerous successes on behalf of highly-respected clients and business-to-business partnerships.
TMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer