Are you looking to further your career in Property Management?
The Management Group, Inc. is seeking an Assistant Property Manager for a 120-unit residential property in Battle Ground, Washington and will assist with other properties throughout Clark County. You will be given the opportunity to expand your knowledge of property management and gain experience under the guidance of a Senior Property Manager. You will be trained on budgets, market surveys, and sales skills. You will work with prospective tenants, current tenants and a variety of vendors as you learn to maintain the look and feel of a very popular and desired property in Clark County. You will gain the skills necessary to establish and maintain positive professional relationships. This position is designed as a training opportunity and is ideal for someone that desires a lasting career in property management. The Management Group, Inc. is growing and expanding and we are proud of our policy to train and promote within our own ranks. This is that great opportunity that you have been searching for!
This position includes working at multiple on-site properties in the Vancouver and Battle Ground Area for a total of 180 residential units. Main work location will be in Battle Ground, WA. The schedule will be Tuesday - Friday 9:00am to 6:00pm and Saturday 9:00am to 3:30 pm.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: Please read this job description carefully and ask for clarification if you have difficulty understanding the functions of this job. Please describe any accommodations that you need in order to perform this job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes but is not limited to:
- Maintains marketing, advertising and available notifications of properties.
- Use of sales skills and techniques to lease apartments by being knowledgeable about market conditions, competition and amenities on the property and in the surrounding area.
- Prepares and keeps a monthly market survey of comps in the surrounding area and oversees local marketing strategy for property.
- Responds to inquiries, shows homes and apartments, processes applications, leases properties, and performs lease signing and move-in inspections.
- Assists with resident requests, posts notices, and provides administrative support as requested.
- Prepares and hosting resident functions and activities on a monthly basis.
- Maintains all property file checklists, tenant database files, a property leasing binder, and keeps proper filing of all resident documents.
- Assists in rent collection, bank deposits, file management, and budgeting.
- Prepares and/or Assists Leasing Consultant with preparing of lease documents at move in or renewal or lease renewals.
- Maintains compliance of required move in procedures and renewal paperwork.
- Maintains all property checklists.
- Audits proper filings of all documents and resident database files.
- Performs move out inspections and reports any unsatisfactory conditions.
- Coordinates in preparing units for new residents.
- Assists in tenant move out and closeout paperwork.
- Maintains make ready board, work orders and arranges for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of property as specified by the Resident Manager and/or Senior Portfolio Manager.
- Assists with eviction of tenants in compliance with directions from the Senior Portfolio Manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist with directing the day to day activities of 1 Maintenance Technician and a Leasing Consultant.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess and use good interpersonal skills with other employees and the public.
- Must be punctual, efficient, an independent worker, a detail oriented person and possess good work habits.
- Must be able to perform and/or manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities concurrently with a positive attitude and approach.
- Ability to act and dress professionally in the work environment.
Please review our Professional Image and Drug Screen Policy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: One to two years of Property Management experience is required. A combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Pass Microsoft Word Normal User 2010 Testing with an 80% or higher score.
- Pass Microsoft Excel 2010 Normal User Testing with a 75% or higher score.
- Pass Microsoft Office 2010 Normal Testing with a 75% or higher score.
- Type with accuracy and speed 35+ wpm
PASSION AND PERKS:
TMG provides a supportive environment that assists our employees to succeed by giving constant support and training. Our employees are a true team that share their knowledge and experience with each other. Opportunities for growth and career development are presented and nurtured. The wage for our Assistant Property Manager will be $16/hour plus commissions. We offer excellent benefits that include Medical, Vision, and Dental group plans. We have a great 401(k) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick leave as well as educational assistance.
WHO WE ARE:
The Management Group, Inc. (TMG), founded in 1985 by President, Carmen Villarma, is a full service real estate management company. Today, TMG is a family of 5 companies that provide property management, sales and maintenance services for apartments, single family homes and community associations. With a staff of 110, we manage 14,000 residential units in Washington and Oregon. TMG's corporate headquarters is located in Vancouver, Washington with branch offices in Portland, Oregon and Kennewick, Washington. TMG's success is anchored upon its dedication to the property management industry and continues to enjoy a solid base of market diversity, geographical expansion and numerous successes on behalf of highly-respected clients and business-to-business partnerships.
TMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer