We are searching for a customer-focused, computer-proficient real estate professional to manage a portfolio of single family homes in a fast-paced environment! Ideal candidates will have excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as three to five years of experience in the property management industry. This position will manage residential real estate primarily comprised of single family homes for clients by performing an array of duties personally or through subordinates. The Management Group, Inc. is growing and expanding, and we are proud of our capabilities to train and promote from within our own ranks. This is that great opportunity that you have been searching for!
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Please read this job description carefully and ask for clarification if you have difficulty understanding the functions of this job. Please describe any accommodations that you need in order to perform this job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes but is not limited to the following:
- Assists and follows directions from Director of Property Management.
- Determines rental amounts, deposits & fees to be charged, directs marketing and advertising for such.
- Prepares or causes to be prepared lease or rental agreements and collects specified rents, deposits & fees.
- Directs functions for upkeep and maintenance costs.
- Arranges for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of property as specified in management services or lessee's agreement.
- Employs, or contracts for services of security, maintenance, and grounds keeping personnel and onsite management personnel if required.
- Reports on status of properties such as occupancy rates and dates of expiration of leases.
- Prepares periodic inventory of building property condition, and forwards information to owner for review.
- Provides direction to the administrative assistant assigned to the portfolio.
- Assists with eviction of tenants in compliance with court order and directions from attorney and owner.
- Maintains good public relations and interacts with clients, customers, and co-workers in a proactive, respectful and professional manner.
- All employees are expected to perform any reasonable work requested that falls within the qualification but not specifically described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Candidates must be legally employable by a U.S. business.
- Candidates must possess a valid driver's license and automobile insurance, dependable vehicle, and satisfactory driving record.
- Must deliver exceptional customer service both to internal and external customers.
- Must be dependable, flexible and produce high quality work with the utmost professionalism.
- Must be able to perform and/or manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities concurrently with a positive attitude and approach.
Please review our Dress Code and Drug Screen Policy.
- Pass Microsoft Word 2010 test with an 80% or higher score.
- Pass Microsoft Excel 2010 test with a 75% or higher score.
- Type with accuracy and speed 50 wpm.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; two to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PASSION AND PERKS:
TMG provides a supportive environment that assists our employees to succeed by giving constant support and training. Our employees are a true team that share their knowledge and experience with each other. Opportunities for growth and career development are presented and nurtured. The wage for our Single-Family Property Manager will be $50,000-$55,000/DOE. We offer excellent benefits that include Medical, Vision, and Dental group plans. We have a great 401(k) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick leave as well as educational assistance.
WHO WE ARE:
The Management Group, Inc. (TMG), founded in 1985 by President, Carmen Villarma, is a full service real estate management company. Today, TMG is a family of 5 companies that provide property management, sales and maintenance services for apartments, single family homes and community associations. With a staff of over 120, we manage 14,000 residential units in Washington and Oregon. TMG's corporate headquarters is located in Vancouver, Washington with branch offices in Portland, Oregon and Kennewick, Washington. TMG's success is anchored upon its dedication to the property management industry and continues to enjoy a solid base of market diversity, geographical expansion and numerous successes on behalf of highly-respected clients and business-to-business partnerships. TMG is an equal opportunity employer.
TMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer