The Management Group is seeking a property management rock star to join our growing Multifamily team! This position assists the Senior Portfolio Manager in managing Small Community Rental Properties (multi-unit properties without site staff); ensuring that properties meet ownership goals and objectives by overseeing the physical, financial and operational aspects of the property. If you have aspirations of growth within the property management industry, this position is ideal for you! The Management Group promotes from within and greatly encourages career development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES in the MANAGEMENT of SMALL COMMUNITY RENTAL PROPERTIES (SCRP) include but are not limited to the following:
- Understands owner goals and works to meet ownership expectations.
- Provides training on leasing techniques and strategies.
- Leads the revenue enhancement program by:
- Assisting in setting market rents, providing market surveys for SCRP and assisting onsite staff with market surveys.
- Making recommendations for rents, fees and concessions to PM.
- Drafting the MF department Weekly Unit Vacancy Detail report for PM
- Provides strategy and support for lease ups and difficult to rent properties.
- Leases properties, prepares paperwork, perform lease signing and move in inspections.
- Assists with marketing, advertising, market surveys, lease renewal and resident retention programs.
- Drafts property narrations on SCRP properties for Portfolio Manager’s review.
- Handles resident relations matters, assist in tenant evictions and offer support for site staff.
- Manages notices to vacate, performs move out inspections, assesses charges and processes move-out paperwork.
- Performs rents collections in accordance with company policies.
- Participates in comprehensive operating budget preparation and adherence throughout the year.
- Visits properties and conduct site inspections as requested.
- Provides onsite and corporate relocation personnel coverage, as needed.
- Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, agendas, travel, department activities, and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Maintains property checklists and maintenance turnover boards.
- Maintains proper owner and resident filings of all documents, including Executive Binders and Property Binders, updating content as necessary.
- Accepts tenant maintenance requests, coordinates work to be performed, entering work order in system, and keeping tenant and Portfolio Manager apprised of work status through completion.
- Performs communication for current rental references.
- Performs verbal and written communication to owners, tenants, and vendors as directed.
- Assists with new business paperwork distribution and processing as needed.
- Acts as the primary contact for tenant calls and backup contact for owner calls.
- Assists Portfolio Managers as directed with contracts for various services, including janitorial, security, grounds keeping, and waste removal at a competitive price with high quality.
- Maintains good public relations and interacts with clients, customers, and co-workers in a respectful and professional manner.
- All employees are expected to perform any reasonable work requested that falls within the qualification but not specifically described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pass Microsoft 2010 Excel Testing with an 80% or higher score.
- Pass Microsoft 2010 Word Testing with a 80% or higher score.
- Pass Microsoft 2010 Outlook Testing with an 80% or higher score.
- Type with accuracy and speed 50+ wpm
- Demonstrable knowledge of property management principles
- Experience in decision making and overseeing day-to-day property operations
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks while working in a fast paced environment
- Team player adept at coordinating, monitoring and inspiring others to meet goals
- Experience in with budget development
- Strong analytical skills and excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of Appfolio is preferred.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3 years of previous leasing/property management experience required; combined with 1-2 years of administrative assistant experience.
PASSION AND PERKS:
TMG provides a supportive environment that assists our employees to succeed by giving constant support and training. Our employees are a true team that share their knowledge and experience with each other. Opportunities for growth and career development are presented and nurtured. The wage for our Multi-Family Property Manager will be $45-50k annually DOE. We offer excellent benefits that include Medical, Vision, and Dental group plans. We have a great 401(k) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick leave as well as educational assistance.
WHO WE ARE:
The Management Group, Inc. (TMG), founded in 1985 by President, Carmen Villarma, is a full service real estate management company. Today, TMG is a family of 5 companies that provide property management, sales and maintenance services for apartments, single family homes and community associations. With a staff of over 110, we manage 14,000 residential units in Washington and Oregon. TMG's corporate headquarters is located in Vancouver, Washington with branch offices in Portland, Oregon and Kennewick, Washington. TMG's success is anchored upon its dedication to the property management industry and continues to enjoy a solid base of market diversity, geographical expansion and numerous successes on behalf of highly-respected clients and business-to-business partnerships.
TMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer